Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut Squash Soup is a great starter if you’re entertaining guests. It’s easy to make, but looks really impressive, especially with a swirl of cream on top. Serve with home-made bread or Olive Bread – the bitterness of the olives contrasts well with the creamy sweetness of the soup.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 small potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- A pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1l water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Cubes
- A few parsley sprigs to serve
- 50ml double cream to swirl
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and place over a low heat. Add the onion and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash and potato and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat. Add the garlic and chilli flakes, and season with pepper to taste. Pour in the water and add the stock cubes. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Using a hand-blender or food processor, blend until smooth, adding more water if it’s a little thick.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and a swirl of cream.