Cream of Asparagus Soup
Make the most of the asparagus season with this easy-to-prepare soup. Serve piping hot with crusty bread – or for a soup with a difference, chill thoroughly and serve in cold bowls.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time40 min
- 2tbsps olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1kg asparagus, ends trimmed and cut roughly
- 1.5l chicken stock made from Knorr Chicken Stock Cubes
- 100ml double cream
- 1tbsp chopped dill for garnish
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for 5 more minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes over low heat until asparagus is tender.
- Blend the soup with a hand blender, stir in the cream. Serve garnished with dill.