If you want a visually impressive soup, this is it. The bright green colour is incredibly eye-catching and it tastes delicious too.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation Time15 min
- Cooking Time30 min
- 2tbsp olive oil or spread
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped roughly
- 500ml vegetable stock made from Knorr Vegetable Cubes
- 500ml low fat milk
- 450g fresh spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil or melt the spread in a large pan. Sauté the onion and garlic gently for 5–6 minutes. Add potato. Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour in the milk and simmer for 2–3 minutes. Stir ½ of spinach. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes. Add the remaining spinach, puree the soup in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Season with nutmeg. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.