There’s just no reason to buy cranberry sauce when making it is this simple. Trust me... eating it home-made and warm is an awful lot more Christmassy than eating it out of a jar. And you can take the pressure off by making it the week before and keeping it in the fridge.
- Recipe serves:8
- Preparation Time10 min
- Cooking Time10 min
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 175g granulated sugar
- A splash of port
- 350g fresh cranberries
- Add the juice, zest, sugar and port to a pan over a medium to high heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cranberries (fresh or frozen is fine) and cook for 8–10 minutes until the berries have reduced down (boiling rapidly to thicken and concentrate the sauce).
- Spoon the sauce into a serving dish. It’s that easy.
- Healthy Tip: The addition of port is an optional extra. It's delicious without as well.
- If you have some left over why not make a brie and cranberry sauce baguette? Or serve it with the leftover turkey. Delicious. For lots more hints and tips to help you make the most of your food, visit www.lovefoodhatewaste.com